Product Summary Therapeutic Class:
Sympathomimetic Agents This product is manufactured and distributed by MCP Pharmaceuticals, LLC
|Adrenalin® Chloride Solution
(EPINEPHrine nasal solution, USP) for topical use
(epinephrine injection, USP) 1mg/mL, 1 mL 1:1000
- Latex Free
- Bar Coded
Adrenalin® (epinephrine injection, USP)
1 mL Vial
- No Antimicrobial Preservative
- Contains not more than 0.1% sodium bisulfite as an antioxidant
A clear, colorless, sterile solution containing 1 mg/mL (1:1000) epinephrine in a 3 mL clear glass vial. Each 1 mL of Adrenalin® solution contains 1 mg epinephrine, 9.0 mg sodium chloride, 1.0 mg sodium metabisulfite, hydrochloric acid to adjust pH, and water for injection. The pH range is 2.2-5.0. For subcutaneous or intramuscular injection. When diluted, it may also be administered as ophthalmic irrigation or intracameral injection.
Indications and Usage
Adrenalin® is a non-selective alpha and beta adrenergic agonist indicated for:
- Emergency treatment of allergic reactions (Type 1), including anaphylaxis
- Induction and maintenance of mydriasis during intraocular surgery
- Undiluted ophthalmic administration: associated with corneal endothelial damage
- Do not inject into buttocks, digits, hands, or feet
- May aggravate angina pectoris or produce ventricular arrhythmias, particularly in patients with underlying heart disease, administer with caution when used intramuscularly or subcutaneously
- Patients with hyperthyroidism, Parkinson’s disease, diabetes, and pheochromocytoma are at greater risk of having adverse reactions when used intramuscularly or subcutaneously
- Presence of sulfite in this product should not deter use for anaphylaxis
Common adverse reactions to systemically administered epinephrine include anxiety, apprehensiveness, restlessness, tremor, weakness, dizziness, sweating, palpitations, pallor, nausea and vomiting, headache, and respiratory difficulties. Arrhythmias, including fatal ventricular fibrillation, rapid rises in blood pressure producing cerebral hemorrhage, and angina have occurred.
|Adrenalin® Chloride Solution (EPINEPHrine nasal solution, USP), for topical use|
Please see the full prescribing information links above for additional information.