Production Planner/Scheduler (R-PPS)
Location: Rochester, Michigan
Develop and maintain assigned master schedules for production of finished goods to achieve the sales, inventory, and service level goals established. Revise schedules to optimize plant efficiencies and maintain a high level of delivery performance. Maintain long-range master schedules that serve as a foundation for site business plans and operational budgets. Create production plans that optimize plant capacity and drive the material requirements planning system.
Essential Functions / Key Results Areas:
- Plan and develop a realistic Master Schedule which conforms to internal and contract customer requirements and which also adheres to plant capacity constraints.
- Participate in monthly and weekly Demand Sales Forecast and Supply Chain meetings to ensure product availability meets demand.
- Request and supply work order documentation for Manufacturing and Packaging.
- Monitor material availability, track progress of production, and review factors which may affect schedules.
- Analyze capacity at the site, negotiate, recommend, and revise finished goods plans, as appropriate, to resolve the identified capacity issues. In situations where resource constraints cannot be resolved, develop and present alternative plans for upper management decisions.
- Revise schedules, as necessary, to optimize plant efficiencies while maintaining target plant delivery performance.
- Monitor and maintain MRP work orders for proper system planning.
- Monitor 12-month rolling production plan for assigned products and update MRP system accordingly.
- Maintain open communications with Material Planners, Manufacturing, and Packaging regarding schedule changes so that proper component inventory requirements can be achieved.
- Establish and maintain effective cross functional relationships.
- Plan off-site sub-assembly and sterilization to meet internal requirements.
- Collaborate with Validation and Manufacturing Scheduling for Media planning/scheduling.
- Coordinate requests from Pharmaceutical Technology, Validation, Maintenance, etc. for manufacturing resources and incorporate feasibility and impact on current production schedules.
- Coordinate implementation dates for engineering changes and ensure that Bills of Material are updated accordingly.
- Identify when labor routings need to be created for new products and maintain current labor routings.
Education / Qualifications / Certifications:
Bachelors Degree in Business, Logistics, or other related field; and a minimum of four years experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience/training. APICS or similar professional Certification required. MFG/PRO (QAD) experience desired.
Knowledge of cGMPs, CFR Regulations, USP/NF/EP/BP, and FDA requirements. Proficient with Microsoft® Office suite, including Access or other equivalent database systems. Good Writing Skills, Technical Writing, and Project Management experience preferred. Knowledge of company policies and procedures and departmental SOPs as well as the site’s organizational structure.
If you possess the required background and are interested in being a member of the team, submit your resume and a cover letter on the online application
About MCP Pharmaceuticals, LLC:
MCP Pharmaceuticals is an integrated specialty healthcare company that specializes in sterile injectable products. MCP manufactures and sells brand aseptic injectable pharmaceuticals in hospital and clinical settings and provides contract manufacturing services for global pharmaceutical companies. MCP’s own product portfolio includes leading diagnostic, women’s health and anesthesia products. All products have a long track record of “gold standard” service and are at or near the front line of treatment in their therapeutic indications. Contract manufactured products include some of the leading global biologic products which involve liquid, lyophilized and suspension presentations.
Apply for this job opportunity »
Download Job Description (PDF) | Print This Page