Supply Chain Manager (R-SCM)
Location: Rochester, Michigan
In partnership with the site leaders, sponsors a quality and compliance focused site culture which embraces right first time and continuous improvement expectations. Plans, directs and coordinates the activities of the master schedulers, finite schedulers and other operations support staff.
Oversees the development and maintenance of the site master production schedules of work in process and finished goods to achieve the sales, inventory, and service level goals established. Manages and develops short term and long term capacity plans and identifies bottlenecks and constraints while driving for solutions.
Supports multiple operational functions to ensure effective use of labor and resources. Serve as primary contact to the technical transfer teams, new business development and project teams to drive new growth.
Essential Job Functions :
- Establishes and maintains effective cross functional relationships
- Manage planning, and allocation of all raw materials, filling components, and packaging supplies to assure on-time availability in order to meet the master schedules
- Develop resource data for the MRP system (i.e capacities, order policies, lead times, and safety stock) and supervise the implementation.
- Supervise material usage projection for internal use and inventory projection.
- Monitor the MRP system operation and reports for proper utilization.
- Develop realistic master schedules which conform to internal and contract customer requirements and which also adhere to plant capacity constraints.
- Analyze capacity at the site, negotiate, recommend and revise finished goods plans, as appropriate to resolve the identified capacity issues In situations where resource constraints cannot be resolved, develop and present alternative plans for upper management decisions.
- Communicate contract customer schedule and delivery status.
- Negotiate alternative manufacturing and delivery dates, as necessary, based on current capacity with upper management and contract customers.
- Develops, monitors and updates routings to drive financial standards and effective capacity planning.
- Projects short term and long term forecast and production volumes and tracks financial performance.
- Works closely with the purchasing and quality to assure material availability to meet the master schedules.
- Coordinate requests from Pharmaceutical Technology, Validation, Maintenance, etc., for manufacturing resources and incorporate feasibility and impact on current production schedules.
- Coaches, mentors and manages performance of direct reports.
Minimum Requirements (Education, Knowledge, Qualifications, Certifications & Experience) : Required: Bachelor Degree in Supply Chain, Engineering or Related Subject Minimum of eight years of related experience including production planning and/or operations support Pharmaceutical or other Regulated Industry Experience preferred APICS Certification preferred.
If you possess the required background and are interested in being a member of the team, submit your resume and a cover letter on the online application
About MCP Pharmaceuticals, LLC: MCP Pharmaceuticals is an integrated specialty healthcare company that specializes in sterile injectable products. MCP manufactures and sells brand aseptic injectable pharmaceuticals in hospital and clinical settings and provides contract manufacturing services for global pharmaceutical companies.
MCP’s own product portfolio includes leading diagnostic, women’s health and anesthesia products. All products have a long track record of “gold standard” service and are at or near the front line of treatment in their therapeutic indications. Contract manufactured products include some of the leading global biologic products which involve liquid, lyophilized and suspension presentations.
Apply for this job opportunity »