Senior Manager – Human Resources (R-SMHR)
Location: Rochester, Michigan
MCP Pharmaceuticals is currently looking for a Sr. Manager, Human Resources to lead the Human Resource function of our manufacturing facility in Rochester, Michigan. With exciting times ahead for the organization, this position will play a key role in the continued growth and development of our Company.
Reporting to the Sr. Director of Corporate Human Resources (located in Parsippany, New Jersey), the ideal individual will partner with plant leadership to evaluate the state of human resources in the plant, identify opportunities for improvement and support both functional and plant key performance objectives. Act as conduit and/or liaise with corporate HR positions/department and/or provide input for corporate initiative to assure effective communication, impact assessment and implementation at the Rochester site.
- Manage day-to-day activities and provides guidance regarding recruiting and selection, employee relations, training, safety, employee/leadership development, performance management and retention.
- Effectively manage Rochester based HR staff
- Drive staffing process including sourcing strategies, interviewing, job offers and orientation. Reports status and measures process effectiveness to identify areas of improvement
- Lead key initiatives in performance management, targeted training, development, coaching, goal setting and budgeting. Establish and maintain routine management reporting and governance to assist site management team to effectively integrate processes into Rochester culture.
- Develop and manage recognition and reward programs to drive high performance behaviors aligned with the site’s vision, mission and objectives to ensure consistency and accountability
- Continually assess the effectiveness and competitiveness of all programs and practices against both internal and external benchmarks. Based on assessment, develop and present improvement plans to Site Leadership Team. Once approved, implement improvement plans.
- Administer benefits and compensation programs for the Rochester site aligned with corporate policies and where appropriate, gain corporate approval to right-fit benefits/compensation programs to support Rochester site success.
- Ensure compliance with applicable state and federal regulatory activities using verification and feedback techniques agreed upon by site leadership team
- Participate/liaise/facilitate communication with site leadership team related to HR best practice, corporate HR initiatives and/or legislative revisions to employment regulations
- Prepare budget in support of HR related initiatives and HR department spending
- Provide routine performance data associated with site headcount
- Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree desired. Human resource certification a plus
- 7+ years of HR experience with at least 3 years managing others
- Experience in a manufacturing environment required; union experience strongly preferred
- Proven experience in recruitment and retention strategies
- Experience implementing performance and development programs required
- Strong creative problem solving, group collaboration, coaching and conflict resolution skills
- Effective and professional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Must have working knowledge of (MicroSoft Office, Excel, Powerpoint)
If you possess the required background and are interested in being a member of this growing company, submit your resume and cover letter online:
To apply for this position, please Apply Online
About MCP Pharmaceuticals, LLC: MCP Pharmaceuticals is an integrated specialty healthcare company that specializes in sterile injectable products. MCP manufactures and sells brand aseptic injectable pharmaceuticals in hospital and clinical settings and provides contract manufacturing services for global pharmaceutical companies. MCP’s own product portfolio includes leading diagnostic, women’s health and anesthesia products. All products have a long track record of “gold standard” service and are at or near the front line of treatment in their therapeutic indications. Contract manufactured products include some of the leading global biologic products which involve liquid, lyophilized and suspension presentations.
|Apply For This Job Opportunity »|
|Print This Page »|
|Return To Job Positions »|