Packaging Supervisor (R-PKGS)
Location: Rochester, Michigan
Responsible for daily coordination and working schedule for their assigned shift in Packaging. Responsible for supervising colleagues in inspection (visual and Eisai) and packaging of a variety of drug and biological products both MCP and contract customer products while meeting department quality, safety, delivery and productivity objectives. Assures adequate maintenance of department machinery. Assures compliance with GMP’s, company procedures/job aids, and union contract. Conducts monthly safety checks. Modifies department standard operating procedures. Interacts with Manufacturing Quality Assurance (MQA), Sterile Filling, Pharmaceutical Technology, Material Management and laboratories to meet plant objectives. Performs batch record card closeouts. RFT (right first time) and CI (continuous improvement) expectations.
- Implements daily department work schedules. Ensures timely delivery of product to meet schedules.
- Assures colleagues compliance with all procedures, GMP regulations, safety, and contract obligations. Initiates documentation of violations and disciplinary action as required. .Reports and initiates production schedule changes, requests equipment and facility repairs, or modifications. Initiates changes to batch cards, packaging work orders, standard operating procedures (SOP), job aids, safety practices, and provides appropriate training for all union colleagues.
- Counsels, trains, and develops union colleagues for more efficient performance in their assignment and creates an atmosphere of team effort and open communication.
- Participates in the development and maintenance of a safe manufacturing environment by establishing methods in compliance with regulatory, plant, and corporate policies. Participates in safety meetings, investigates accidents, and takes appropriate corrective action to eliminate hazardous conditions.
- Aids in Cross Functional Investigations when needed. Investigates deviations from batch card or packaging work orders.
Education / Experience:
- A BS/BA in one of the life sciences, pharmacy, packaging, engineering, or other discipline related to the area supervised.
- Two years of packaging supervisory experience in a manufacturing, laboratory, or other related environment.
If you possess the required background and are interested in being a member of this growing company, submit your resume and cover letter online:
To apply for this position, please Apply Online
About MCP Pharmaceuticals, LLC:
MCP Pharmaceuticals is an integrated specialty healthcare company that specializes in sterile injectable products. MCP manufactures and sells brand aseptic injectable pharmaceuticals in hospital and clinical settings and provides contract manufacturing services for global pharmaceutical companies. MCP’s own product portfolio includes leading diagnostic, women’s health and anesthesia products. All products have a long track record of “gold standard” service and are at or near the front line of treatment in their therapeutic indications. Contract manufactured products include some of the leading global biologic products which involve liquid, lyophilized and suspension presentations.
|Apply For This Job Opportunity »|
|Print This Page »|
|Return To Job Positions »|