Packaging Manager (R-PMR)
Location: Rochester, Michigan
Responsible for overall coordination and working schedule for two shifts in Packaging. Provide leadership to all Packaging supervisors. Interact with Packaging Dispatcher to set productive daily/weekly schedule reducing line changeovers while meeting weekly plant delivery schedule. Provide back-up for the department Director.
Responsible for visual/Eisai inspection and packaging of a variety of biological, drug, and contract customer products while meeting department quality, safety, delivery and productivity objectives. Assure adequate maintenance of department machinery and miscellaneous supplies. Assure compliance with cGMP’s, company procedures, policies and practices, including labor agreement with bargaining unit colleagues. Coordinates monthly safety reports performed by supervisors. Revise SOP’s, batch records, and Packaging documentation. Interact with Quality Assurance, Sterile Filling, and Materials Management to meet plant objectives.
Essential Job Functions :
The essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Sets priorities to meet cycle and testing times. Ensure timely delivery of product to meet schedules.
- Assure colleagues compliance with all procedures, cGMP’s regulations, safety, and contract obligations. Reviews documentation produced by supervisors for violations of company policy by hourly colleagues and recommends disciplinary actions.
- Initiates changes to batch records, SOP’s, job aids, safety practices and Packaging documentation.
- Counsels, trains and develops supervisors for more efficient performance in their line assignments. Create an atmosphere of team effort and open communication.
- Participates in the development and maintenance of a safe manufacturing environment by establishing methods in compliance with regulatory, plant and corporate policies. Participates in safety meetings, investigates accidents, and takes appropriate corrective actions to eliminate hazardous conditions.
- Serves as a backup to supervisors to cover floor operations as needed.
- Maintains inventory of production supplies (tools, tape, debossing characters, etc) assuring adequate supply is available.
(Education, Knowledge, Qualifications, Certifications & Experience) : B.S./B.A. in Science, Business or related field, B.S./B.A. in Packaging Science preferred. Five years minimum supervisory and related experience. Ten years supervisory experience with experience in materialplanning and employee relations strongly preferred.
If you possess the required background and are interested in being a member of the team, submit your resume and a cover letter on the online application
About MCP Pharmaceuticals, LLC:
MCP Pharmaceuticals is an integrated specialty healthcare company that specializes in sterile injectable products. MCP manufactures and sells brand aseptic injectable pharmaceuticals in hospital and clinical settings and provides contract manufacturing services for global pharmaceutical companies.
MCP’s own product portfolio includes leading diagnostic, women’s health and anesthesia products. All products have a long track record of “gold standard” service and are at or near the front line of treatment in their therapeutic indications. Contract manufactured products include some of the leading global biologic products which involve liquid, lyophilized and suspension presentations.
Apply for this job opportunity »