I.T. Support Specialist – (R-ITSS)
Location: Rochester, Michigan
Installs, modifies, and makes minor repairs to personal computer hardware and software systems, and provides technical assistance and training to system users, and troubleshoots problems with desktops equipment and printers.
- Provide helpdesk support
- Create, manage and disable/delete user network accounts.
- Manage network file share security, including user and group access to files and folders.
- Installs hardware and peripheral components such as monitors, keyboards, and printers for users.
- Inspects personal computer equipment and printers upon receipt from manufacturing before installing at user’s work area.
- Loads specified software packages such as imaging operating systems, client applications into computer; enters commands and observes system functions to verify correct system operation.
- Responds to client inquiries concerning systems operation and diagnoses system hardware, software, printer and/or operator problems.
- Recommends or performs minor remedial actions to correct problems.
- Coordinates activities with help desk or network services.
- Provides updates, status, and completion information to manager, problem request tracking system, and/or users, via voice mail, e-mail, or in-person communication.
- Replaces defective or inadequate software packages; refers major hardware problems to service personnel.
- Follows corporate technical, validation and change control standards and procedures.
- Assists IT management in developing desktop standards and evaluating new equipment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology preferred and four year
related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have advanced knowledge of current Microsoft Windows Operating Systems, Microsoft Office Products, industry standard personal computer and printer architecture and basic knowledge of networks. Key skill sets include: Windows 7, Office 2010, Microsoft System Center, and SharePoint.
Ability to learn new technology quickly and work independently.
Certificates and Licenses:
Driver’s license required and A+ and Microsoft certification desirable.
If you possess the required background and are interested in being a member of this growing company, submit your resume and cover letter online:
To apply for this position, please Apply Online
Apply for this job opportunity »