Plant Controller – (R-CFPC)
Department: Controller / Finance
Location: Rochester, Michigan
MCP Pharmaceuticals, headquartered in Parsippany, New Jersey, with manufacturing operations in Rochester, Michigan is an integrated specialty healthcare company that specializes in sterile injectable products. MCP manufactures and sells brand aseptic injectable pharmaceuticals in hospital and clinical settings and provides contract manufacturing services for global pharmaceutical companies.
MCP is currently accepting applications for a Plant Controller position at its Rochester, MI facility. This is a new position and will report to the Chief Financial Officer in New Jersey with dotted line reporting to the plant General Manager in Michigan.
The plant controller position is to provide leadership and coordination of site financial planning and budget management functions and is responsible for the accounting operations of the site. This includes cost accounting, the production of periodic financial reports and analyses, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles.
The essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to:
Oversee the development of annual standard costs; provide analysis and communication of the standards to site management.
- Work with department managers and corporate staff to develop five year operating and capital plans for the plant and organization.
- Direct and coordinate site financial planning and budget management functions in coordination with corporate directives.
- Oversee daily operations of the plant finance department, including accounts payable, inventory, fixed asset accounting, payroll and cost accounting.
- Monitor and analyze monthly operating results against budget.
- Provide plant and corporate management with accurate and timely financial reports; oversee the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and year-end financial reports. Ensures such reports are submitted within timelines established by Corporate Controller.
- Manage the preparation of financial outlooks and financial forecasts for the plant.
- Prepare financial analysis for the contract administration negotiations for contract manufacturing.
- Recommend benchmarks for measuring the financial and operating performance of departments.
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal reporting requirements, including sales & use tax, real and personal property tax.
- Provide support for annual financial, 401K and worker’s compensation audits.
- Establish and implement short- and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures in coordination with Corporate and site specific initiatives.
- Design, establish, and maintain an organizational structure and staffing to effectively accomplish the department’s goals and objectives, in conjunction with the Corporate Controller, General Manager and Chief Financial Officer.
- Serve on planning and project committees as needed, such as Site Management Team (SMT); Governance Council; and General Manager’s Staff Meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education / Qualifications / Certifications:
- The Plant Controller candidate must have a bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance. A master’s degree in accounting or finance or an MBA is strongly preferred.
- 10 to 15 years of progressive management and accounting experience in a senior level role, and a CPA or CMA designations.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems. Knowledge of federal and state financial regulations. Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections. Working knowledge of short and long term budgeting and forecasting, rolling budgets, and product-line profitability analysis.
- A strong working knowledge or ERP/MRP systems is required. Experience with QAD’s MFG/Pro a plus.
- Work requires professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials with tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects. Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings.
- Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule as needed.
If you possess the required background and are interested in being a member of this growing company, submit your resume and cover letter by mail or apply online:
MCP Pharmaceuticals LLC HR Department 870 Parkdale Road Rochester, Michigan 48307
To apply for this position, please Apply Online
About MCP Pharmaceuticals, LLC: MCP Pharmaceuticals is an integrated specialty healthcare company that specializes in sterile injectable products. MCP manufactures and sells brand aseptic injectable pharmaceuticals in hospital and clinical settings and provides contract manufacturing services for global pharmaceutical companies. MCP’s own product portfolio includes leading diagnostic, women’s health and anesthesia products. All products have a long track record of “gold standard” service and are at or near the front line of treatment in their therapeutic indications. Contract manufactured products include some of the leading global biologic products which involve liquid, lyophilized and suspension presentations.
Apply for this job opportunity »